Fundraise for Medcan Support
There are lots of great ways you can help families by raising vital funds for Medcan Support
Here are just a few ideas:
- Take part in a physical challenge event, e.g. a race, climb or skydive, and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
- Organise a bake sale or coffee morning at your workplace, school, university, community centre or place of worship.
- Hold a garage sale.Before your event, please contact us to tell us what you’re doing, by emailing email@example.com We love hearing from you and we are happy to provide you with any promotional materials you need.
You can be as creative as you like, but please stay safe. Here are a few Dos and Don’ts:
- Tell us you are fundraising for Medcan Support
- Take part in properly organised events
- Involve your family, friends and colleagues
- Use social media to promote what you’re doing
- Contact us if you would like to borrow branded collecting tins and buckets, or if you would like some leaflets
- Use an online fundraising page like JustGiving to manage donations
- Ask permission before collecting donations in private premises (shops, cafes etc)
- Send us photographs and tell us what you did
- Take part in anything that is not safe (organised events are usually fine, but for example, don’t sleep out on the streets unless it’s part of an organised event that is being properly managed and risk-assessed)
- Collect donations on the street – it is illegal to collect donations on the streets without a street collection licence.
- Knock on people’s doors to ask for donations (again, this is illegal without a licence.)
After your event
You can pay in the money raised in any of the following ways:
- Send a cheque payable to Medcan Support to 4 Foster Close, Brundall, NR13 5QU – remember to tell us who you are and what you did to raise the money
- Pay directly to us via BACS – please contact us on 07525930300 or via firstname.lastname@example.org for details
If you’d like some inspiration, here are some stories from a few of our supporters:
Thomas Molyneux, undertook a gruelling 2000km bike ride between Land's End and John O'Groats across tracks and open road. Thomas completed this amazing feat in under 2 weeks raising a total of £4,275
Sarah Sinclair chief editor of Cannabis Health Magazine joined Prof Mike Barnes raising a total of £700 taking part in the Great North Run and completing 13.1 miles.